Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Batman/the Joker.... The Dark Knight




I went to watch the much waved about movie: Batman, the dark knight in the cinema today. I found it a rather deep movie which left me with a sense of saddness and loneliness as it ended.

The batman and the joker are two side of the coin as seen in the alterned face of Harvey Dent. They are all in us. The good and the envy. Just like flipping a coin to make a decision; we behave like a hero or a villian just as randomly as that. But most of us are too afraid to flip that coin to be that hero or that villian in life!!

Those who are in power to do 'right' and the 'justice' possess the most power to abuse and be the villian. How complicated and ironic it is that all of them are in each and one of us.

When I saw Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne and The cop chasing and fighting for justice; I ask myself how hard am I prepared to fight for justice and equity? Am I really prepared at all? Would I fight evil at all? I find it hard to do that automatic thing in saying 'sure yes of course I will fight it with everything I have got.'. I am afraid I am far more honest than that, I am far honest in doubting myself to fight for justice. If I fight, who's justice am I fight, is it for the justice of good or evil?

Good and evil are the shadow of one another, when one shines with the light the other hides. It seems a never ending losing battle fighting on either end of this all. Some what pointless......

Then I consider the two: Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Joker (with no name). Both have my pity as I felt their loneliness for fighting for their ideals and wanting the world to see itself the way they see it. Two lonely soul on an eternal battle and journey side by side together.

Never, one thing I didn't like was this: does evil has to be mad? I am the first to disagree!! Evil needs the coldest, calmest and intellengent soul to exercise it. Pure maddness would not do it! You think it has no rules? I dont think so either, there's at least two... 1) Break every rule and 2) get close enough to extinguish good but never do it as evil exist because of good and verse versa.

Farewell, Heath Ledger, the brilliant joker... You made it conviencing that evil has its own face. You made it conviencing to the world of your brillaint acting. I take my hat off for you!!

No comments: