Saturday, July 18, 2009

I say ' blessed be the disabled!!'

I remember once upon a time I heard the saying 'blessed be the sick and the poor', as I am preparing for an exam poster - I just wanted to shout into the cyberspace 'BLESSED BE THE DISABLED!!'....

The reason I say this is because they are both sick (at one point to have gotten the impairment) and poor (as often they are restricted from active and full participations in life, limited by others in their access to resources, assistance and opportunities. These all lead towards poverty and further disabilities. Furthermore, because of their lived experience of social oppression and real bodily and environmental barriers; I dare to say they understand vulnerability and capabilities!!! I therefore make the conclusion that they are blessed as they are closer to God than 'we' (the so called normal who keeps think 'oh shame, in God's name; we will help you).

No no, guys we all got it wrong!!! It 's 'us' that needs help and let the children, the poor and the sick as well as the disabled show us the way!! I just wanted to say this - great, now it's out of my chest (or finger tips) LOL

No comments: