Monday, December 16, 2013

Madiba

There's a river of tears I want to cry for you, the sight of your coffin over the tv screen send such mixed emotions through my body. My soul hurt knowing that you had departed. I felt an intense sense of loss and sadness, just like the time when I had lost my grandparents. Yet there was more in between the flooding tears - there is gratitude and pride. I am thankful and proud that I got to live in the country you built and fought for tirelessly. I am ever amazed at your ability to inspire hope, loyalty, respect and goodness in people. I bow at your ability to forgive and to see the human in the other when it could have been so understandably hard. Tata, we may feel lost without you as you had left us in this past week. But you had taught us well, if our heart, our mind and our hands are at the right places then we have direction, then we can carry on your walk for freedom. It is hard to go on without you but it was harder still what that child from Qunu had to face in front of him. What have we got to fear, if we have you as our guide on our journey? Farewell, tata! We may never see the like of you again. We shall miss you and you shall live on in our action, in our heart.

No comments: