Thursday, August 14, 2008

I was never born therefore I will never die

Today I had an inspirational lecture with the business management and leadership lecturer as part of my courses. He said something very profound and interesting - 'I was never born therefore I will never die."

We were discussing about who is 'I'? When we say "I do this... or do that XYZ", who is this "I"? I am not my body as my body belongs to the 'I'. I am not my mind as 'I' can observe my mind. So who is this 'I'?......

As he spoke, I imagined a little dull and dark metal box within myself that contains a little bit of light which resides within my heart, my soul and my consciousness. This is me!! This is 'I'. I am the spirit that lives in my soul (the box) who controls my mind and body. The spirit is eternal and is not made up of the materials of this world yet my body is (it contains all the carbons, oxygens, etc that is the same in a tree or a dog) and my mind is full of thoughts of this world~!! Yet the 'I'..."me" is not of this world, I have always knew i don't belong here and I am a stranger away from 'home' on my 'body and mind' journeying through the world in my time (life).

The reason I am writing this right now is I felt angry with my brother who had a nasty comment on something I said. He was like on a reflex and 'judged' my comment immediately 1 sec after I said it. I suddenly remember what the lecuter said, if I am the spirit in my soul, why would this anger me and upset me? It's not hurting me, it's hurting my ego! It's like someone saying that you got an ugly car. Sure well it's not nice that you think my car is ugly but hey it's only my car... it's not going to hurt me, right?

God, it is hard for me to just 'passively reflect' on this and anything tony has to say negatively about me/the rest of my family. I tried and I will try again to just let it play out in my mind. When I tried just now, I saw a very angry brother of mine and the next image was him crying, frustrated and hurt bending down to hold himself. I suppose I can still get hated for being so 'on top of it all' and seemingly always happy and content - (may seem stressfree to him I guess).

God, I wanted to run back into my room just now when he expressed his negative judgment towards my comments. I remember myself doing that many a times before this as an action to run away but I have now changed... I went back to my room to reflect on this, remember all the feelings it evokes in me and my ego. Love, I know you are worried about him: you are worried that I will change and improve every time I reflect and learn from myself and my feelings... yet will he improve on himself? will he see and rise above himself? God am I expecting too much of myself and others around me? Am I being as stupid and irrorant as those who I may regard as not enlighted or awaken? Or worse, I am even errogant?? (now that's very problematic!! more so than those who are just asleep!!)

1 comment:

Apartment In Rondebosch said...

I think we both sometimes suffer from being trapped in our own heads, while we get upset we try and understand it.

I love being with you and listening to each other, freeing us to some degree.