Sunday, August 17, 2008

Never give up even in the face of impossibility and difficulty




I know I must have been one of the easiest to end up in tears kind of person in the world (through to add, I use to suppress so much of it when I was in high school). Tears wanted to rush out of my eyes as I read about the above picture in the SingPao newspaper from HK today.

As you can see, there are a diversity of people of all background and health status getting married in this photo above. One thing is common is the joy and happiness that is evidenced in their smiles on their faces. I feel the true joy for them too!! As I read on the article, this is an organized event from a NGO in HK to help 19 couples with diverse impairments in celebrating their relationships. These couples did not have a chance to have a grand wedding earlier on in live due to varies reasons e.g. parents' objection, financial difficulties etc.

It gives me the courage to face my own difficulties that I am experiencing in life right now. What am I complaining about when I have all working limbs, mind and body?! I know it is tough with job choices/offers at the moment but it's not all that tough when we put ourselves in perspectives in comparisons to the hardship the above people have gone through.

As an occupational therapist, this is why I feel on top of the world joyful for these people getting the acknowledgment for their love and relationships!! I am truly happy for them and wishing them all the best in life in my heart!

No comments: